Are you looking to move into New York City and one of the Queens boroughs? The Rego Park neighborhood in Queens is among the top best places to live in the city. With ample attractions and schools, it is also family friendly. Rego Park was developed in the 1920s and remains a rich cultural community. In this week’s post, Professional Mortgage Solutions shares the top things to do in Rego Park New York and shows you why it is one of the best neighborhoods to live in New York City.
Why Rego Park, New York is One of the Best New York City Neighborhoods
Rego Park, NY is considered by many real estate savvy writers to be a desirable place to live. This middle and upper-middle class community has many prime places to buy if you’re looking for a home. You can find a large apartments, single-family homes, or multi-family places on the market. It is also accessible to the Long Island Expressway, and many public transportation options.
There are several large food markets and delis popular in the community. The local schools rank well overall in national standards and have access to advanced placement classes. In 2018, Rego Park reported a very low number of assaults compared to New York City. Its crime rates rank it among one of the top safest areas of the city.
Things to do in Rego Park, New York
Whether you’re looking to visit or buy a home, there’s plenty to do in Rego Park, NY.
- Shopping—There are many places to shop and look for furnishings. There’s also the Rego Park Center, which is a mall featuring many places to dine, buy quality clothes, and purchase healthy foods.
- Dining and Groceries—Like we said, there are many delicious places to eat, with a rich variety of cultural foods and gourmet cuisines.
- New York Hall of Science—is a great place to take the kids, with many educational activities and projects to do.
- Queens International Night Market—features food and homemade goods from all over the World!
- Queens Zoo—is nearby and has well-kept animals, including deer, owls, eagles, and bears.
- Flushing Town Hall—features breathtaking performances and arts and culture programming.
- Queens Museum—has rotating exhibits, events, and high-quality visual arts.
- Queens Rockaway Beach—is one of the longest beaches to visit in the United States!
- The New York Water Taxi—is nearby and a great way to show guests a tour of New York’s amazing sites.
Professional Mortgage Solutions can help answer your questions about places for sale in Rego Park, NY. Contact our offices today!